Charlotte in our Social Media team loves to bake, and yesterday brought in some amazing Ferrero Rocher cupcakes for the team to enjoy. We’d love say we would have shared them with you had you been here…. But in truth, you would have had to fight us for one – they really are that good! Instead, we thought we’d bring you the next best thing – the recipe!
WARNING: Viewing this blog may lead to extreme cravings!
★ 230g plain flour
★ 230g cups sugar
★ 100g Cocoa Powder
★ 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
★ 1 teaspoon salt
★ 2 large beaten eggs
★ 230ml cup milk
★ 1/2 cup vegetable oil
★ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
★ 180ml cup boiling water
★ 1 jar of Nutella
★ Ferrero Rochers (30 for an entire batch)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°c (Gas Mark 4) and line a large cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
2. In a large bowl, sift in the flour, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Then add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat the ingredients together until the mixture becomes smooth. Little by little, stir in boiling water to thin the mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake tins, filling them 2/3 of the way full. Add a small, 1/2 teaspoon sized, dollop of Nutella to the cupcakes and then cover with them remaining cupcake mixture.
4. Transfer them to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the oven, and whilst they are still warm put a small dollop of Nutella on the top of the cupcakes. As each dollop begins to melt, gently place a Ferrero Rocher on top.
6. Leave to cool completely and then enjoy!
This classic Fererro Rocher commercial from the 80′s has been voted among the UK’s top twenty worst commercials of all time. Cheesy, badly dubbed, but “excellente” none the less!